Workplace Violence Prevention Training (eLearning Module)
Interactive training (based on OSHA guidelines & DHS guidance) provides key information to help prevent serious injuries and fatalities resulting from violent incidents in the workplace, and fulfill compliance obligations under OSHA’s General Duty Clause. Any new updates will be automatically published to your module for immediate reference.
OSHA’s General Duty Clause requires employers to provide a place of employment free from recognized hazards likely to cause injury or death. Since workplace violence can strike anywhere at any time, every employer is obligated to address the threat of workplace violence by implementing appropriate safeguards and safety training. Failure to protect employees from violence in the workplace can result in fines and penalties under the General Duty Clause of the OSH Act and/or related state regulations. Additionally, employers can be found negligent in court if they cannot prove that they took all reasonable measures to prevent a violent incident from occurring.
- Over 2 million Americans are victims of workplace violence each year
- Weekly, an average of 33,000 workers are assaulted on the job and 17 are murdered
- Employers pay $40 billion annually in direct and indirect costs associated with these incidents
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, incidents of workplace violence have increased 23%
- In 2017, OSHA issued revised enforcement guidance on workplace violence, and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) released revised safety guidelines on what to do when confronted by an active shooter.
Features & Benefits Include:
- Also included with the module are the following:
- “Workplace Violence Risk Factors” Activity Handout
- “Recognizing Potentially Violent Behaviors” Job Aid
- “Responding to Threats of Violence” Job Aid
- Acknowledgement Form for all employees to sign upon completion of training
- Any new updates will be automatically published to your eLearning module for immediate reference.
Employees who complete this training will gain understanding of the following:
- An overview of workplace violence
- Risk factors and types of violent incidents
- Recognizing signs of potentially violent behavior
- Responding to threats of violence
- Administrative, behavioral, and engineering controls
If you are not completely satisfied, you can return it within seven (7) days of receipt for a full refund.