Website Privacy & Accessibility Laws Compliance Program (Digital)
A collection of digital resources to help customers ensure their website meets current privacy and accessibility standards. Any new updates will be automatically published to your resources for immediate reference.
State, federal, and local laws require businesses to take reasonable steps to protect any personal information collected from customers, and ensure that their website complies with accessibility guidelines for deaf and blind users. New consumer privacy laws ranging from the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) have imposed specific requirements on websites related to privacy policies & practices. All businesses that have a website visible to California consumers must comply with the CCPA, regardless of where the business is located. CCPA enforcement is effective July 1st, 2020. In addition, there is a growing legal risk associated with website privacy policies and site accessibility for disabled individuals. Meanwhile, 2018 and 2019 saw large spikes in the number of lawsuits filed against companies for having websites that did not comply with the uniform Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) to ensure website accessibility for deaf and blind users. Due to new legislation domestically and internationally requiring critical updates to privacy policies and practices, businesses must comply with laws and regulations relating to consumer privacy data.
Features & Benefits Include:
- A Website Privacy & Accessibility Compliance Guide that includes plain language guidance, attorney legal briefs, sample privacy policies, current accessibility standards, and FAQs.
- A collection of Privacy & Accessibility Laws Compliance Checklists to ensure your website complies with data privacy laws and website accessibility standards.
- A collection of Training Handouts on Privacy & Accessibility to educate key stakeholders about applicable privacy and accessibility laws.
- A series of attorney-reviewed sample Privacy Policies, which businesses can customize and use on their website.
- A series of Training Acknowledgement Forms to document that affected employees understand their obligations under applicable laws.
The program is designed to help end users do all of the following:
- Learn about CCPA, GDPR, and other consumer privacy laws
- Self-educate about website accessibility
- Understand recent court decisions and enforcement actions
- Assess whether the company’s current website meets privacy and accessibility requirements
- Develop a list of action items to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and standards
If you are not completely satisfied, you can return it within seven (7) days of receipt for a full refund.