I-9 Self-Audit Program (eLearning Module)
A brief, interactive eLearning guide providing key information on Form I-9 compliance, common mistakes, and how to audit existing records. Any new updates will be automatically published to your module for immediate reference.
The Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 is an official publication from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). This form is used to verify an employee’s identity and to also establish if a worker is eligible for employment in the United States. Once completed by a new-hire, the I-9 form must be retained for 3 years from date of hire, or 1 year following termination (whichever is later). The USCIS Outreach Branch estimates that 76% of paper I-9 records in the U.S. contain at least one error that could result in a fine if audited.
Features & Benefits Include:
- I-9 audits have increased 5x year-over-year and worksite investigations have quadrupled.
- Fines for simple errors can cost an employer up to $2,292/violation
- Also included with the module is:
- Downloadable I-9 Self-Audit Guide, featuring a legal brief from an attorney
- A digital I-9 Self-Audit Checklist reviewed by an attorney and created to aid in the process of auditing all I-9 forms
- A digital I-9 Self-Audit Tip Sheet to help audit I-9 forms, ensuring they are compliant and free of violations
Employers and managers that complete Form I-9’s can learn the following objectives:
- Basic Form I-9 requirements
- Recent enforcement trends causing employer concerns
- Common Form I-9 mistakes
- The benefits of conducting an I-9 self-audit
- How to properly conduct an I-9 self-audit
- What to do if your self-audit uncovers critical errors
If you are not completely satisfied, you can return it within seven (7) days of receipt for a full refund.