Hiring and Onboarding Digital Compliance Bundle
A collection of digital resources to help employers ensure that their hiring and onboarding process complies with state and federal anti-discrimination laws, notification requirements, and documentation requirements.
- Interviewing and Hiring Laws Training for Employers and Managers
- Sample Interview Questions
- Interview Evaluation Form
- New Hire Documentation and Notice Requirements Digital Compliance Guide
- New Hire Orientation Checklist
State, federal, and local laws prohibit hiring discrimination against job candidates based on a protected characteristic. Any interview question that elicits information about a protected characteristic under antidiscrimination laws may be used as evidence of an unlawful preference or bias. Penalties for non-compliance with antidiscrimination laws can range up to $50,000 per complaint, plus damages and attorney’s fees. Judgments in discrimination lawsuits routinely exceed $1 million.
Additionally, employers must provide specific forms and notices to new hires under state & federal laws and maintain certain records created during the hiring process. New hire documentation and notice requirements vary by state, and can range from tax & employment eligibility forms to written disclosures about harassment, workers’ compensation, paydays, and paid leave benefits. To avoid potential discrimination claims or violations of notification & documentation requirements during the hiring & onboarding process, employers should do the following:
- Train hiring managers on what questions are considered illegal to ask during an interview
- Prepare interview questions in advance and ask the same questions to all applicants who apply for the same position
- Evaluate interviewees fairly and consistently using standardized criteria
- Provide all required forms and notices to new hires during the onboarding process, as mandated by state and federal laws.
- Document the information provided during the new hire orientation process, including the aforementioned forms, notices, and any essential company information.
Features & Benefits Include:
Our Hiring and Onboarding Digital Compliance Bundle includes the following elements:
- An interactive online Interviewing & Hiring Laws Training for Employers and Managers to educate anyone involved in the hiring process about which interview questions are illegal under anti-discrimination laws and other hiring regulations.
- An attorney-reviewed digital Interview Evaluation Form to ensure that all interviewees for the same open position are evaluated using the same criteria.
- A comprehensive collection of pre-written interview questions to help hiring managers select questions to be asked during all interviews for the same position.
- A New Hire Documentation & Notice Requirements Compliance Guide that lists specific requirements for each state, required federal forms & notices, and links to required information.
- An attorney reviewed digital New Hire Orientation Checklist to document that each new hire receives required forms, notices, and critical company information.
If you are not completely satisfied, you can return it within seven (7) days of receipt for a full refund.