HIPAA Compliance PLUS Subscription and Newsletter
All businesses that offer health benefits to employees must implement policies and procedures that comply with applicable HIPAA regulations and must communicate them to their workforce in writing. Applicable regulations include the HITECH Act breach notification rules, final regulations implementing the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA), anti-discrimination rules, the security rule, portability requirements, and the heavily publicized HIPAA privacy rule. Failure to comply with HIPAA requirements can result in penalties up to a maximum of $50,000 in a calendar year.
In October of 2018, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), announced that Anthem, Inc. agreed to pay $16 million and take substantial corrective action to settle potential violations of the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules after a series of cyberattacks led to the largest U.S. health data breach in history and exposed the electronic protected health information of almost 79 million people. Since the compliance date of the Privacy Rule in April 2003, the Office of Civil Rights (OCR) has received over 197,049 HIPAA complaints investigated 38,211 of those complaints, obtaining corrective action in 70 percent.
To help employers ensure compliance with HIPAA notification requirements, Personnel Concepts has introduced a one-year HIPAA Compliance PLUS Subscription. This exclusive subscription includes our All-On-One HIPAA Information Poster (featuring nine critical HIPAA notices), automatic full-poster replacement updates when regulatory or legislative changes occur, and four issues of our Benefits Law Quarterly newsletter covering HIPAA, COBRA, and ERISA compliance issues. You will also have online access to two downloadable forms:
- A HIPAA Privacy Rule Confidentiality Form to use for new hires to obtain their acknowledgement and pledge to observe all HIPAA privacy and confidentiality rules.
- A HIPAA Security Risk Analysis Form to identify internal and external threats and evaluate existing safeguards as mandated by the HIPAA security rule.
Additionally, HIPAA subscribers are entitled to periodic special discount offers on other benefit plan compliance solutions.
Who Needs It
All employers who offer health benefits to employees must implement and communicate policies and procedures as mandated by HIPAA regulations.
Subscribers will receive automatic full-poster replacement updates to their All-On-One HIPAA Information Poster when legislative and regulatory changes occur that modify any of the HIPAA disclosures, policy statements, and notices on your poster.
Timely Benefits Law Information
Numerous issues can arise in the workplace regarding health insurance benefits, and employers must stay abreast of changes in the benefits law to enable good faith compliance and informed discussions with your health insurance provider. Our Benefits Law Quarterly newsletter will help you stay informed about COBRA, ERISA, and HIPAA issues that can impact your employee benefit plan
Our one-year HIPAA Compliance PLUS Subscription includes the following:
- An All-On-One HIPAA Information Poster featuring nine critical notices:
• HIPAA Security Policy Notice
• HITECH Act Security Breach Notice
• HIPAA Discrimination Notice
• Portability of Health Coverage Notice
• Protected Health Information (PHI) Notice
• Mental Health Information for the NICS
• HIPAA and the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA)
• Mobile Devices Policy
- Automatic full-poster replacement updates to your HIPAA poster sent at no additional cost when legal revisions occur
- Four issues of our Benefits Law Quarterly newsletter to keep you informed of legal updates relating to HIPAA, COBRA, ERISA and other applicable health benefit plan regulations
- Periodic special discount offers on other benefit plan compliance solutions
- An 11” x 17” Health Information Technology for Economic & Chemical Health (HITECH) Act Poster
- Access to Downloadable Forms