GHS Compliance Training Module for Employees
An online, interactive training module with automated acknowledgment notifications to help employers ensure compliance with mandatory GHS training requirements under OSHA’s Hazard Communications standard (1910.1200).
The Globally Harmonized System of Chemical Labeling and Hazard Communication (GHS) standard, which has been adopted nationally by the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) as part of its Hazard Communication Standard, took effect for most employers in 2015. The GHS is a set of guidelines for ensuring the safe production, transport, handling, use and disposal of hazardous chemicals in the workplace. GHS aims to improve the health and safety of consumers, workers, and the environment by ensuring consistent hazard communication are used on all chemicals. Under OSHA’s hazard communication standard (CFR 1910.1200), businesses that use or store hazardous chemicals must train their employees on how to properly read chemical labels and safety data sheets. Failure to comply with OSHA’s hazard communication standard, including mandatory training requirements, can result in fines up to $13,653 per violation.
The mandatory GHS training must include information to help employees understand how to read new GHS chemical labels (including pictograms) and what chemical safety information is included on new chemical safety data sheets (SDS). Training must be in a format that employees can easily understand, and employers must document their training efforts to demonstrate proof of compliance if inspected. To help employers comply with mandatory GHS training requirements, Personnel Concepts has created a comprehensive Online GHS Compliance Training Program for Employees. This interactive online training module, compiled by certified instructional designers and our team of compliance specialists, features a fully-voiced, animated training presentation with interactive knowledge checks, a quiz to measure understanding, downloadable/printable job aids, and an automated training acknowledgment forms sent via email to document compliance. Simply share the link with affected employees, and you’ll receive email notifications once they have completed their training.
Why It’s Important
- OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) requires training for affected employees on GHS labeling, pictograms, and safety data sheets upon initial employment.
- Ensuring employee understanding of chemical safety can prevent serious accidents, injuries, and illnesses.
- Failure to comply with OSHA standards, including the GHS training requirement, can result in fines up to $13,653 per violation.
Features & Benefits Include:
- An interactive, online training module for employees, which includes the following important topics:
- Overview of the GHS
- Hazard Classifications and Pictograms
- Reading and Understanding Labels
- Reading and Understanding Safety Data Sheets
- Three downloadable Job Aids (Safety Training Handouts) addressing the following topics:
- GHS Pictograms
- GHS Chemical Labels
- GHS Safety Data Sheets
- An automated digital Acknowledgment Form, sent via email upon training completion for recordkeeping purposes.
- Any new updates will be automatically published to your eLearning module for immediate reference.
Our online training course is designed to help employees:
- Gain awareness on the policies and procedures included within OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard;
- Understand the Globally Harmonized System for Labeling and Classification of Chemicals (GHS) and its implementation into the workplace;
- Interpret the different elements of chemical labels as required by the GHS;
- Understand the different sections of safety data sheets (SDSs) as required by the GHS; and
- Know how to protect themselves from chemical hazards using the information on chemical labels and safety data sheets
If you are not completely satisfied, you can return it within seven (7) days of receipt for a full refund.