Final Adverse Action Form - Digital
An attorney-reviewed digital notice form to inform a job candidate that they have not been selected for the position due to a finding on their consumer report during a background investigation.
All employers who conduct or outsource background investigations under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) as a condition of employment must comply with mandatory notification, documentation, and anti-discrimination requirements. Such requirements include informing a job candidate that a finding on their consumer report during a background investigation has resulted in an adverse action, such as rescinding or cancelling a job offer. The FCRA requires employers to notify applicants and employees of any adverse employment action taken based on a background check and keep a record of the individual’s acknowledgment of understanding.
Our digital, attorney-reviewed Final Adverse Action Notice Form is designed to help employers fulfill mandatory FCRA notice requirements. The form should be provided in writing, along with the consumer report obtained during the background investigation and the “Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act” notice. In turn, the applicant or employee should be asked to acknowledge receipt of the notice in writing. Upon receipt of this notice, the rejected job candidate has up to 60 days to dispute the information on their consumer report with the consumer reporting agency that provided the report to the employer.
Features & Benefits Include:
- A digital notification & acknowledgment form to communicate the individual’s rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) when a background investigation results in an adverse action;
- Attorney-reviewed to ensure compliance with mandatory FCRA notice requirements;
- Printable, fill-in-the-blanks digital format for physical or electronic recordkeeping;
- A detailed instruction sheet explaining how and when to use the form and how long to retain it.
Our attorney-reviewed form is designed to help employers:
- Comply with mandatory FCRA notice requirements.
- Inform a rejected job candidate of their rights under the FCRA when a background investigation results in an adverse employment action.
If you are not completely satisfied, you can cancel your order within seven (7) days of receipt for a full refund.