Emergency Preparedness Safety Training Program (eLearning Module)
Recent natural disasters, mass shootings, and large wildfires have underscored the importance of emergency preparedness. Workplace emergencies such as fires, explosions, gas leaks, chemical spills, earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, violent incidents, and other disasters can pose a serious threat to employee safety. Failure to adequately respond to a workplace emergency can result in serious injuries or fatalities. OSHA’s General Duty Clause requires employers to provide a form of employment and place of employment free from recognized hazards likely to cause serious injury or death. An important component of this general duty is to make sure that employees are kept safe at all times, including during a workplace emergency or natural disaster.
Why It’s Important
- Emergencies & disasters can strike anywhere and at any time.
- Most workplace emergencies are unexpected and the results can be catastrophic.
- Proper planning before an emergency needs to take place.
Features & Benefits Include:
- An interactive eLearning module on Emergency Preparedness Safety Training, which includes the following key topics:
- Workplace Emergencies, OSHA, & OSHA Requirements
- “Evacuation” vs. “Shelter-In-Place”
- Preparing for Different Types of Workplace Emergencies
- A digital Acknowledgment Form which can be filled out and emailed as proof of completion
- Evacuation vs. Shelter-in-Place Job Aid – provides guidance on planning for safe evacuations and shelter-in-place procedures during emergencies
- Preventing Workplace Violence Training Sheet to learn about the different types of workplace violence, the risk factors involved, and specific preventative measures
- Any new updates will be automatically published to your eLearning module for immediate reference.
Our online training course is designed to help employees understand:
- OSHA and the federal agency’s emergency preparation requirements
- How to identify emergency situations
- How to confidently prepare for most common workplace emergency situations
- The types of workplace emergencies that can occur and the proper responses for each of them
- When it is best to either evacuate or shelter-in-place, as well as how to prepare for each situation
If you are not completely satisfied, you can return it within seven (7) days of receipt for a full refund.