Emergency Paid Sick Leave Compliance Program (Digital)
An all-in-one digital compliance solution designed to help empoyers ensure full compliance with the paid sick leave and emergency family leave provisions of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA). Any new updates will be automatically published to your resources for immediate reference.
Effective April 1st, 2020, as required by the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA), all businesses with less than 500 employees are required to provide paid sick leave or emergency family & medical leave to eligible employees for qualifying reasons related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Specifically, covered entities must provide the following:
- 2 weeks (up to 80 hours) of fully paid leave at the worker’s regular rate of pay (up to a maximum of $511/day) for workers who are ill or quarantined with COVID-19 symptoms and who are seeking a medical diagnosis; and
- 2 weeks (up to 80 hours) of 2/3 paid leave at the worker’s regular rate of pay for workers who are caring for family members who are ill or quarantined due to COVID-19, or to care for a minor child who has no child care provider available due to COVID-19-related school or day care closings.
- Up to 12 weeks of 2/3 paid leave (up to a maximum of $200/ day) for workers employed for at least 30 days who are forced to stay home to care for a minor child who has no child care provider available due to COVID-19-related school or day care closings.
Additionally, all affected employers must comply with documentation, recordkeeping, and anti-retaliation provisions of the new law. Failure to comply with the paid sick leave and emergency family leave provisions of the FFCRA will result in penalties and enforcement actions by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Wage & Hour Division (WHD).
With your digital format, any new updates will be automatically published to your guide for immediate reference.
Features & Benefits Include:
- A digital plain language guide to understanding and implementing the complex new regulations, featuring critical links & resources, FAQs, and tips & recommendations from an attorney;
- An attorney-reviewed “Employee Request for Paid Sick Leave and Emergency Family Leave” Documentation Form to properly document requests for qualifying leave as required by the new regulations;
- An attorney-reviewed Small Business Exemption Certification Form for use by businesses with less than 50 employees on payroll seeking to claim exemption from the requirement to provide leave for child care purposes related to COVID-19 school closures & lack of available child care;
- An attorney-reviewed FFCRA Paid Leave Determinations Checklist to help employers determine how much paid sick leave to provide and how much to pay per day, based on the qualifying reason.
This all-in-one digital solution will provide the following to business owners, managers, and HR:
- Compliance tips and best practices from an attorney
- A breakdown of each provision of the new law in an easy-to-use format
- Answers to the most pressing questions posed by employers about the new law
- Links to IRS, DOL, and SBA resources on tax credits and financial assistance
- Digital attorney-reviewed documentation forms to demonstrate compliance
If you are not completely satisfied, you can return it within seven (7) days of receipt for a full refund.