Designation Notice Under the Family and Medical Leave Act (Form WH-382) - Digital
A digital, attorney-reviewed form to inform an eligible employee of the outcome of their family and medical leave request and the amount of leave that will be designated.
Under the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 (FMLA), covered employers are obligated to provide eligible employees with certain critical notices when they request job-protected leave. Eligible employees may take up to 12 workweeks of leave during any 12-month period for specific family and medical reasons. In addition, employers need to ensure that both parties understand the specific terms of the FMLA leave when it is requested.
The attorney-reviewed Designation Notice Under the Family and Medical Leave Act (Form WH-382) provides such critical information to an eligible employee when they make a request for FMLA leave. The form lets the employee know whether the FMLA request is approved and the amount of leave that will be designated and counted against the employee’s entitlement. While the use of this form is optional, a fully completed Form WH-382 provides the covered employee with information required by the FMLA. Finally, an employer may also use the form to let the employee know when additional information or certification is needed to approve the request.
Features & Benefits Include:
- A digital form to provide the covered employee with required information related to a request, including determination and amount of designated leave;
- Attorney-reviewed to ensure compliance with the rights and obligations outlined under the FMLA;
- Printable, fill-in-the-blanks digital format for physical or electronic recordkeeping;
- A detailed instruction sheet explaining how & when to use the form and how long to retain it.
Our attorney-reviewed form is designed to help employers:
- Inform an eligible employee whether their FMLA request is approved and the amount of leave that will be designated.
- Request additional information to certify an FMLA request and make a final determination.
- If you are not completely satisfied, you can cancel your order within seven (7) days of receipt for a full refund.