Shop our products
- > Labor Law Posters
- > State-Only Labor Law Posters and Poster Bundles
> OSHA Safety Posters
- > The SS2 OSHA Safety Poster
- > Space Saver-3 All-On-One Foodservice Safety Poster
- > PPE Workplace Hazard Assessment Checklist
- > Hazcom Employee Right to Know Poster
- > Fire Extinguisher Poster
- > Emergency Safety Instructions Poster
- > Space Saver-3 All-On-One Safety Poster
- > MRSA Awareness Poster
- > Ergonomics Safety Information Poster
- > First Aid At-a-Glance Poster
- > Bloodborne Pathogens Safety Poster
- > All-In-One First Aid Instructions Poster
- > Employee Handbooks
- > Labor Law and OSHA Safety Poster Bundles
- > OSHA Safety Programs and Compliance Kits
> Human Resource Tools
- > State Update Kits
- > Affordable Care Act Compliance Kit
- > Worker Misclassification Prevention Kit
- > All-On-One Independent Contractors Poster
- > All-On-One FCRA Notification Poster
- > HR Compliance Training Manual
- > Union-Free Workplace Poster
- > National Labor Relations Act Compliance Kit
- > FLSA Compliance Poster Subscription
- > At-Will Employment Poster
- > All-On-One FLSA Compliance Poster
- > 2015 Attendance Record Forms
- > FLSA Compliance Program
- > Employer Legal Briefs Subscription
- > Wrongful Termination Prevention Kit
- > FairPay Overtime Rules Poster
- > Overtime Exemption Checklist Forms
- > See full list
- > Training Solutions
- > FMLA Compliance
> Harassment & Discrimination
- > EEO Compliance Poster Subscription
- > All-On-One ADA Compliance Poster
- > Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act Compliance Kit
- > GINA Notification Poster
- > Federal Harassment in the Workplace Program
- > California Harassment in the Workplace Program
- > Sexual Harassment Poster
- > Sexual Harassment Fact Sheet Forms
- > California Sexual Harassment Poster
- > Race Discrimination Compliance Kit
- > Race Discrimination Is Unlawful Poster
- > Racial Diversity Awareness Poster
- > Harassment Policy Forms
- > ADA Amendments Act Compliance Kit
- > ADA Disability Discrimination Policy Poster
- > ADEA Age Discrimination Compliance Kit
- > ADEA Age Discrimination Policy Poster
- > ADEA EEO Incident Report Form
- > Wrongful Discharge Employment Manual
- See full list
> HIPAA & COBRA Compliance
- > HIPAA Compliance Program
- > CHIPRA Compliance Poster
- > COBRA Notification Poster
- > All-In-One COBRA Information Poster
- > COBRA Information Forms
- > Employer Notice to COBRA Administrator Forms
- > HIPAA Compliance Poster Subscription and Newsletter
- > All-On-One HIPAA Compliance Poster
- > HIPAA Privacy and Security Acknowledgment Forms
- > HIPAA Confidentiality Forms
- > HIPAA Authorization Forms
- > HITECH Act Security Rule Poster
- > Understanding Your Health Care Options Poster
- > Understanding Your Health Care Options Poster
> Workplace Posters & Programs
- > Flu Awareness Poster Kit
- > Mandatory Indiana No Smoking Notice
- > Davis Bacon Construction Project Poster
- > Employees Working on a Government Contract Poster
- > FairPay Overtime Rules Notification Poster
- > Social Media Policy Poster
- > Compliance Signage Bundle Complete Edition
- > Compliance Signage Bundle Basic Edition
- > Compliance Signage Bundle Standard Edition
- > All-On-One Federal Contracts Poster
- > Workplace Policy Poster SS-7
- > Drug-Free Workplace Poster
- > Workplace Health and Wellness Poster Pack
- > Workplace First Aid Poster Pack
- >See full list
- > I-9 Compliance
Enter your email address
Federal Compliance Alerts
Health care providers, insurers and their business associates are covered by the security and privacy rules of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), but some third-party vendors that offer to store personal health information (PHI) for consumers are not covered by HIPAA. Thus vendors such as Microsoft HealthVault and Google Health were under no obligation to report...
It's not even April, but this may be the cruellest month for Lilly Ledbetter, who wooed Barack Obama and the Democrats with her woeful tale of pay discrimination, which culminated in an act being passed bearing her name. To make the story brief, Ledbetter worked for Goodyear for decades, but shortly before retiring learned that she had been paid less than her male, more junior coworkers...
New regulations requiring health care providers, health plans, and other entities covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) to notify individuals when their health information is breached were issued today (Aug. 19, 2009) by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). These “breach notification” regulations implement provisions of the...
The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) until a year ago relied almost entirely on voluntary compliance with the privacy and security provisions of HIPAA, the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act of 1996. HHS, however, is now levying fines and imposing corrective action plans (CAP) for breaches of personal health information (PHI). Two cases in point are...
Senator Harry Reid (D-Nev.) has introduced legislation paralleling a House bill that seeks to amend the 1970 OSH Act (Occupational Safety and Health) by expanding coverage to public sector employees not covered by state OSH acts, enhancing whistleblower protection, and increasing fines and criminal penalties for non-compliance and violations. The bill, S. 1580, is actually one of ailing...
I guess they can use the Timothy Geithner excuse--the law is too hard to figure out and comply with. However, they're the ones who are supposed to be enforcing the law. Turns out that the Equal Opportunity Employment Commission (EEOC) was busted for misclassifying employees as exempt and then failing to pay overtime in an arbitrator's decision issued back in April. The agency blamed it all...
The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is combining enforcement of the HIPAA privacy and security rules into the HHS Office for Civil Rights (OCR) and will enter the change into the Federal Register today, Aug. 4, 2009. Previously, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) administered the security rule while OCR administered the privacy rule. Both rules are contained...
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is launching a national emphasis program (NEP) to inspect facilities that could potentially release highly hazardous chemicals resulting in toxic fire or explosion hazards. The one-year pilot program will focus on several regions around the country (OSHA regions I, VII and X) and will rely on programmed inspections that are not based...
Along with the rise in the federal minimum wage to $7.25 this past Friday, the Wage and Hour Division (WHD) of the Department of Labor (DOL) revised the agency's minimum wage poster and announced that the previous poster is still valid for the time being. That older version listed the minimum wage increases of the past three years in succession, concluding with the final level that kicked...
The Department of Labor has released an insert poster providing information on the FMLA amendments that were part of the new National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). Tthe notice is intended to be posted next to the official FMLA notice by all covered employers (i.e. employers with 50 or more employees within a 75-mile radius as well as all primary and secondary schools.) The new poster,...
COMPLIANCE ALERT: The employer compliance deadline for OSHA’s final rule on payment for personal protective equipment (PPE) expired May 15, 2008. All employers must ensure their compliance with this new regulation. The new regulation addresses employer payment for personal protective equipment (PPE), which is any safety equipment or device that must be worn in the workplace to...
In Candice Davis v. Michigan Bell Telephone Company , the U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that a request for intermittent FMLA leave terminates when the employee's new 12-month FMLA leave period begins. In other words, FMLA leave cannot carry over into a new 12-month period. The issued revolved on Ms. Davis's absence from work on FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) from Sept. 24 to...
As early as today, the Department of Labor (DOL) is going to issue new regulations relating to the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA). The regulations are being promulgated after a commentary period that began two years ago this month. Some of the changes coming down the pike might (or might not) include the following: Additional notice requirements that the employer must provide...
Inn wooing the government workers' vote in this month's election, then presidential candidate and now President-elect Barack Obama penned letters to employees in each federal agency, the Washington Post reports today. If we read the letters, sent Oct. 20, literally, then his missive to the Department of Labor (DOL) includes initiatives for paid family leave, flexible work schedules and...
The Veterans Employment and Training Service (VETS) of the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) is correcting and consolidating the text in Parts A and B of the appendix to 20 CFR Part 1002, the "Notice of Your Rights Under USERRA" required by the Veteran Benefits Improvement Act of 2004 (VBIA). This is the notification that must be made available to affected employees, spelling out the...