Shop our products
- > Labor Law Posters
- > State-Only Labor Law Posters and Poster Bundles
> OSHA Safety Posters
- > The SS2 OSHA Safety Poster
- > Space Saver-3 All-On-One Foodservice Safety Poster
- > PPE Workplace Hazard Assessment Checklist
- > Hazcom Employee Right to Know Poster
- > Fire Extinguisher Poster
- > Emergency Safety Instructions Poster
- > Space Saver-3 All-On-One Safety Poster
- > MRSA Awareness Poster
- > Ergonomics Safety Information Poster
- > First Aid At-a-Glance Poster
- > Bloodborne Pathogens Safety Poster
- > All-In-One First Aid Instructions Poster
- > Labor Law and OSHA Safety Poster Bundles
- > OSHA Safety Programs and Compliance Kits
> Human Resource Tools
- > State Update Kits
- > Affordable Care Act Compliance Kit
- > Worker Misclassification Prevention Kit
- > All-On-One Independent Contractors Poster
- > All-On-One FCRA Notification Poster
- > HR Compliance Training Manual
- > Union-Free Workplace Poster
- > National Labor Relations Act Compliance Kit
- > FLSA Compliance Poster Subscription
- > At-Will Employment Poster
- > All-On-One FLSA Compliance Poster
- > Employer Legal Briefs Subscription
- > Wrongful Termination Prevention Kit
- > Overtime Exemption Checklist Forms
- > See full list
- > Training Solutions
- > FMLA Compliance
> Harassment & Discrimination
- > EEO Compliance Poster Subscription
- > All-On-One ADA Compliance Poster
- > Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act Compliance Kit
- > GINA Notification Poster
- > Federal Harassment in the Workplace Program
- > California Harassment in the Workplace Program
- > Sexual Harassment Poster
- > Sexual Harassment Fact Sheet Forms
- > California Sexual Harassment Poster
- > Race Discrimination Compliance Kit
- > Race Discrimination Is Unlawful Poster
- > Racial Diversity Awareness Poster
- > Harassment Policy Forms
- > ADA Amendments Act Compliance Kit
- > ADA Disability Discrimination Policy Poster
- > ADEA Age Discrimination Compliance Kit
- > ADEA Age Discrimination Policy Poster
- > ADEA EEO Incident Report Form
- > Wrongful Discharge Employment Manual
- See full list
> HIPAA & COBRA Compliance
- > HIPAA Compliance Program
- > CHIPRA Compliance Poster
- > COBRA Notification Poster
- > All-In-One COBRA Information Poster
- > COBRA Information Forms
- > Employer Notice to COBRA Administrator Forms
- > HIPAA Compliance Poster Subscription and Newsletter
- > All-On-One HIPAA Compliance Poster
- > HIPAA Privacy and Security Acknowledgment Forms
- > HIPAA Confidentiality Forms
- > HIPAA Authorization Forms
- > HITECH Act Security Rule Poster
- > Understanding Your Health Care Options Poster
- > Understanding Your Health Care Options Poster
> Workplace Posters & Programs
- > Flu Awareness Poster Kit
- > Mandatory Indiana No Smoking Notice
- > Davis Bacon Construction Project Poster
- > Employees Working on a Government Contract Poster
- > Social Media Policy Poster
- > Compliance Signage Bundle Complete Edition
- > Compliance Signage Bundle Basic Edition
- > Compliance Signage Bundle Standard Edition
- > All-On-One Federal Contracts Poster
- > Drug-Free Workplace Poster
- > Workplace Health and Wellness Poster Pack
- > Workplace First Aid Poster Pack
- >See full list
- > I-9 Compliance
Enter your email address
Personnel Concepts' Research Department has been tracking trends and changes in labor law compliance and OSHA safety compliance for more than 20 years. Now, with the change in administrations in Washington, D.C., dramatic new shifts in labor law and its enforcement have taken place, first with the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act and the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), and later with stricter I-9 enforcement, an increase in EEOC activity, and the mandating of an Employee Rights Poster.
When change happens, you can read it here first. You can scroll through the most recent alerts or go directly to your state and see if there are any recent changes or updates.
You can count on Personnel Concepts as "Your Trusted Compliance Partner" to keep you alerted to evolving laws and regulations that may directly impact the way you do business and may also require you to take affirmative steps in notifying your workforce of changes.
Any changes that affect the posters you are mandated to display will be announced here. Subscribers will also receive the updated posters through the mail, while other customers will be notified of their availability for puchase.
The District of Columbia Department of Employment Services has released an updated Minimum Wage poster. The DC Department of Employment Services revised its Minimum Wage poster to reflect revisions to their list of employees with minimum wage and overtime exceptions. Employers who hire individuals 20 year of age or younger can no longer pay the federal minimum wage for the first 90...
The Missouri Department of Labor and Industrial Relations has issued an updated Minimum Wage Notice. Effective Jan. 1, 2017, the minimum wage in the state of Missouri will increase from $7.65 per hour to $7.70 per hour. The five-cent increase correlates with the cost-of-living change based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI). The same evaluation and adjustment will be made before each New...
The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs has released an updated Minimum Wage and Overtime notice. Effective Jan. 1, 2017, the minimum wage in the state of Michigan will increase from $8.50 per hour to $8.90 per hour. The wage rate for tipped employees will increase from $3.23 per hour to $3.38 per hour. Minors from ages 16 to 17 may be paid 85 percent of the minimum...
The Ohio Department of Commerce Division of Industrial Compliance has released an updated Minimum Wage notice. Effective Jan.1, 2017, the minimum wage in the state of Ohio will increase from $8.10 per hour to $8.15 per hour. The five-cent increase correlates with the cost-of-living change based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI). A three-cent increase was applied to the minimum wage for...
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity has released an updated Minimum Wage notice. Effective Jan. 1, 2017, the minimum wage in the state of Florida will increase from $8.05 per hour to $8.10 per hour. The five-cent increase correlates with the cost-of-living change based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI). Also, the minimum wage for tipped employees will increase from $5.03 per...
The Delaware Department of Labor has released an updated Discrimination notice. The Delaware Department of Labor Division of Industrial Affairs extended the accepted time period for filing discrimination claims from 120 days to 300 days from the day of alleged discrimination. Also, the address and contact information was revised for the department’s corporate center. Subscribers...
The Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry Office of Unemployment Compensation Benefits has released an updated Unemployment Compensation notice. The Pennsylvania Department of Labor revised its notice to inform employees of the availability of Form UC-1609, which can be obtained from employers if the employee becomes unemployed or hours are reduced due to lack of work. Additionally,...
The City of San Diego has updated its Minimum Wage and Earned Sick Leave notices. The City of San Diego revised its Earned Sick Leave notice, giving employers the option to either provide 40 hours of earned sick leave at the beginning of each benefit year or allow employees to earn one hour of leave for every thirty hours worked. Both notices added the option of contacting the San Diego...
The Wyoming Workforce Services has released an updated “Health and Safety Protection on the Job” notice. The Wyoming Workforce Servicesupdated its Health and Safety Protection on the Job notice to coincide with the increased maximum penalties set by federal OSHA. The maximum penalties for serious violations, non-serious violations and failure to abate increased from $7,000...
The Maryland Department of Labor Licensing and Regulation has released an updated “Equal Pay for Equal Work” notice. The Maryland Department of Labor updated its Equal Pay notice with additional sections on career tracks, employer prohibitions, and enforcement. Also, “gender identity” was added as a protected entity from wage discrimination and employment...
The Idaho Department of Labor has released an updated “Equal Opportunity is the Law” notice. Idaho employers who receive federal financial assistance must adhere to the provisions of the Equal Opportunity notice. The Workforce Investment Act was replaced by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, an employment program that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race,...
The City of Berkeley has released an updated Minimum Wage notice. Effective Oct. 1, 2016, the minimum wage in the City of Berkeley increased from $11.00 per hour to $12.53 per hour. The $1.53 increase is the third of five scheduled increases that will result in a $15.00 minimum wage in 2018. The new rates will phase in as follows: $12.53 per hour effective 10-1-2016...
The Montana Department of Labor and Industries has released an updated Minimum Wage notice. Effective Jan. 1, 2017, the minimum wage in the state of Montana will increase from $8.05 per hour to $8.15 per hour. The 10-cent increase correlates with the cost-of-living change based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI). The same evaluation and adjustment will be made by Sept. 30 each year....
The New Jersey Division on Civil Rights has released an updated “Family Leave Act” notice. The New Jersey Division on Civil Rights updated its Family Leave Act requirement for employees and employers. Employees are entitled to take up to 12 weeks of family leave without losing their jobs. However, employees cannot take family leave for their own health condition....
The Utah Labor Commission has released a new Pregnancy and Related Conditions notice. The Utah Antidiscrimination Act requires an employer to make a reasonable accommodation for an employee for pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or a related condition. Employers may require a medical certification for any accommodation except frequent restrooms, food or water breaks. Employers cannot end...