Shop our products
- > Labor Law Posters
- > State-Only Labor Law Posters and Poster Bundles
> OSHA Safety Posters
- > The SS2 OSHA Safety Poster
- > Space Saver-3 All-On-One Foodservice Safety Poster
- > PPE Workplace Hazard Assessment Checklist
- > Hazcom Employee Right to Know Poster
- > Fire Extinguisher Poster
- > Emergency Safety Instructions Poster
- > Space Saver-3 All-On-One Safety Poster
- > MRSA Awareness Poster
- > Ergonomics Safety Information Poster
- > First Aid At-a-Glance Poster
- > Bloodborne Pathogens Safety Poster
- > All-In-One First Aid Instructions Poster
- > Labor Law and OSHA Safety Poster Bundles
- > OSHA Safety Programs and Compliance Kits
> Human Resource Tools
- > State Update Kits
- > Affordable Care Act Compliance Kit
- > Worker Misclassification Prevention Kit
- > All-On-One Independent Contractors Poster
- > All-On-One FCRA Notification Poster
- > HR Compliance Training Manual
- > Union-Free Workplace Poster
- > National Labor Relations Act Compliance Kit
- > FLSA Compliance Poster Subscription
- > At-Will Employment Poster
- > All-On-One FLSA Compliance Poster
- > 2017 Attendance Record Forms
- > Employer Legal Briefs Subscription
- > Wrongful Termination Prevention Kit
- > Overtime Exemption Checklist Forms
- > See full list
- > Training Solutions
- > FMLA Compliance
> Harassment & Discrimination
- > EEO Compliance Poster Subscription
- > All-On-One ADA Compliance Poster
- > Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act Compliance Kit
- > GINA Notification Poster
- > Federal Harassment in the Workplace Program
- > California Harassment in the Workplace Program
- > Sexual Harassment Poster
- > Sexual Harassment Fact Sheet Forms
- > California Sexual Harassment Poster
- > Race Discrimination Compliance Kit
- > Race Discrimination Is Unlawful Poster
- > Racial Diversity Awareness Poster
- > Harassment Policy Forms
- > ADA Amendments Act Compliance Kit
- > ADA Disability Discrimination Policy Poster
- > ADEA Age Discrimination Compliance Kit
- > ADEA Age Discrimination Policy Poster
- > ADEA EEO Incident Report Form
- > Wrongful Discharge Employment Manual
- See full list
> HIPAA & COBRA Compliance
- > HIPAA Compliance Program
- > CHIPRA Compliance Poster
- > COBRA Notification Poster
- > All-In-One COBRA Information Poster
- > COBRA Information Forms
- > Employer Notice to COBRA Administrator Forms
- > HIPAA Compliance Poster Subscription and Newsletter
- > All-On-One HIPAA Compliance Poster
- > HIPAA Privacy and Security Acknowledgment Forms
- > HIPAA Confidentiality Forms
- > HIPAA Authorization Forms
- > HITECH Act Security Rule Poster
- > Understanding Your Health Care Options Poster
- > Understanding Your Health Care Options Poster
> Workplace Posters & Programs
- > Flu Awareness Poster Kit
- > Mandatory Indiana No Smoking Notice
- > Davis Bacon Construction Project Poster
- > Employees Working on a Government Contract Poster
- > Social Media Policy Poster
- > Compliance Signage Bundle Complete Edition
- > Compliance Signage Bundle Basic Edition
- > Compliance Signage Bundle Standard Edition
- > All-On-One Federal Contracts Poster
- > Drug-Free Workplace Poster
- > Workplace Health and Wellness Poster Pack
- > Workplace First Aid Poster Pack
- >See full list
- > I-9 Compliance
Enter your email address
Personnel Concepts' Research Department has been tracking trends and changes in labor law compliance and OSHA safety compliance for more than 20 years. Now, with the change in administrations in Washington, D.C., dramatic new shifts in labor law and its enforcement have taken place, first with the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act and the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), and later with stricter I-9 enforcement, an increase in EEOC activity, and the mandating of an Employee Rights Poster.
When change happens, you can read it here first. You can scroll through the most recent alerts or go directly to your state and see if there are any recent changes or updates.
You can count on Personnel Concepts as "Your Trusted Compliance Partner" to keep you alerted to evolving laws and regulations that may directly impact the way you do business and may also require you to take affirmative steps in notifying your workforce of changes.
Any changes that affect the posters you are mandated to display will be announced here. Subscribers will also receive the updated posters through the mail, while other customers will be notified of their availability for puchase.
The U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights Division has released an updated Right to Work notice. The U.S. Department of Justice released a new Right to Work notice, publicizing the new section of the agency for enforcing anti-discrimination related to national origin and citizenship status in the hiring and firing processes. Previously, unfair immigration-related practices were handled by...
The Washington State Employment Security Department has released an updated “Unemployment Benefits” notice. The Washington State Employment Security Department revised its process for applying for unemployment insurance benefits. The agency website is now WorkSourceWA.com and the tab leading to the benefits application was changed to “Sign in or create an...
The Nebraska Department of Labor has released updated Unemployment Insurance Benefits and Minimum Wage notices. The Nebraska Unemployment Insurance notice was revised with a new process for applying for unemployment insurance benefits. Applicants must utilize the Nebraska Department of Labor Claims Center online web application in order to apply for benefits. Individuals requiring a special...
The Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training has released an updated Minimum Wage notice. Effective Jan. 1, 2017, the minimum wage in the state of Rhode Island will remain at $9.60 per hour. Previously projected increases will not go into effect due to lack of legislative support. Future increases will only take place in the event of a newly enacted minimum wage bill.
Personnel Concepts customers who are on subscription plans will begin receiving their updated notices and poster replacements next week, with all shipments to be completed by the end of the month. The process will insure that subscribers' mandated state and federal notices will be up to date for 2017. Many states just issued their new minimum wage posters in late December and...
The Vermont Department of Labor has released a new Earned Sick Time Act notice. Effective Jan. 1, 2017, Vermont employers with six or more employees must provide one hour of earned sick time for every 52 hours worked. Small businesses that employ five or fewer full-time employees will not have to comply until Jan. 1, 2018. Subscribers will receive the notice by both mail and email....
The Massachusetts Department of Labor and Workforce Development has released an updated Minimum Wage notice. Effective Jan. 1, 2017, the minimum wage in the state of Massachusetts will increase from $10.00 per hour to $11.00 per hour. The $1 increase is the last of three scheduled increases. Additional updates to the notice include an overall redesign, rewording and added sections on...
The Maine Department of Labor and Workforce Development rhas eleased an updated Minimum Wage notice. Effective Jan. 1, 2017, the minimum wage in the state of Maine will increase from $7.50 per hour to $9 per hour. The $1.50 increase is the first of four scheduled increases taking place on Jan.1 each year until 2020. The new rates will phase in as follows: $9.00 per hour...
The Colorado Department of Labor and Employment has released an updated Minimum Wage notice. Effective Jan. 1, 2017, the minimum wage in the state of Colorado will increase from $8.31 per hour to $9.30 per hour. Wages for tipped employees will increase from $5.29 per hour to $6.28 per hour. The 99-cent increase is the first of four scheduled increases. Following the increases below,...
The Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development has released an updated Wage and Hour Act notice. Effective Jan. 1, 2017, the minimum wage in the state of Alaska will increase from $9.75 per hour to $9.80 per hour. The five cent increase correlates with the cost-of-living change based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI). The same evaluation and adjustment will be made before each New...
The South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation has released a new Minimum Wage notice. Effective Jan.1, 2017, the minimum wage increased from $8.55 per hour to $8.65 per hour. Employers of tipped employees must pay a cash wage of no less than $4.325 per hour. The ten-cent increase correlates with the cost-of-living change based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI). The same evaluation...
The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development has released an updated Wage and Hour Abstract. Effective Jan. 1, 2017, the minimum wage in the state of New Jersey will increase from $8.38 per hour to $8.44 per hour. The six-cent increase correlates with the cost-of-living change based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI). The same evaluation and adjustment will be made by Sept....
The District of Columbia Department of Employment Services has released an updated Minimum Wage poster. The DC Department of Employment Services revised its Minimum Wage poster to reflect revisions to their list of employees with minimum wage and overtime exceptions. Employers who hire individuals 20 year of age or younger can no longer pay the federal minimum wage for the first 90...
The Missouri Department of Labor and Industrial Relations has issued an updated Minimum Wage Notice. Effective Jan. 1, 2017, the minimum wage in the state of Missouri will increase from $7.65 per hour to $7.70 per hour. The five-cent increase correlates with the cost-of-living change based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI). The same evaluation and adjustment will be made before each New...
The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs has released an updated Minimum Wage and Overtime notice. Effective Jan. 1, 2017, the minimum wage in the state of Michigan will increase from $8.50 per hour to $8.90 per hour. The wage rate for tipped employees will increase from $3.23 per hour to $3.38 per hour. Minors from ages 16 to 17 may be paid 85 percent of the minimum...